s skippy the bush kangaroo: isla vista. It's personal.

skippy the bush kangaroo

Monday, May 26, 2014

isla vista. It's personal.

i spent a good portion of my childhood in isla vista. 
i attended isla vista elementary school
i had summer apartment rentals out in isla vista (back in the day when the ucsb students would leave for the summer and have some amazing deals for sub-rentals)
i currently have a temp job out on the ucsb campus.

this song was the popular song on the radio during those days. 
i think it resonates deeply with me after the slaughter on the streets. 

what's going on?

Labels: , ,

posted by Cookie Jill at 1:34 PM |


Marvin Gaye is always appropriate.

My thoughts have been so ugly that I have refused to commit them to pixel or paper. I don't even like that sort of fantasy.
commented by Blogger D., 2:57 PM PDT  
My nephew is graduating from there in a week or so and I was a student there during riot season back in Marvin Gaye and "Student Demonstration Time": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unn8wIQzAeE
commented by Blogger gmoke, 8:56 PM PDT  
I am greatly weighed down by your opinions for that specific tale. A additional deeper and staged expertise could well be very fine for me

jaket kulit jakarta
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 6:56 AM PDT  

Add a comment