s skippy the bush kangaroo: Best Car Advert of the Year -- Maybe Decade

skippy the bush kangaroo



Saturday, April 20, 2013

Best Car Advert of the Year -- Maybe Decade

No, not that piece of bollocks with Paul Harvey intoning cliches.  Or Kaley advertising something or other.  Or even the one from a few years ago where the two middle-aged (read: younger than me) gits make goo-goo eyes at each other until one of their rugrats throws a toy and breaks them of their revelries.

Sidebar:  I often work in NYC, where mendicants are prominent and therefore competition is fierce.  On the now-rare occasions when I have money, my rule is basically to only give to people who tell a good story.  Doesn't have to be a true story--no way to verify it--but at least something that makes you think they really love living.  As with my rules of concert-going--only see The Rolling Stones if the album they're touring was worth buying--this cuts down on my expenditures.

This is print, though there is a picture, and if not that I just bought a (2002) Prius and live twelve time-zones away, I would be thinking seriously about bidding on a nearly 23-year-old car.  If this guy were begging, I would be likely to give him money. A taste (the first one's free):
Searching for a delightful automobile to ferry you to Angus and Robertson to buy Fifty Shades of Grey, or perhaps cart little Timmy to clarinet lessons? Do me a favour, smash your laptop on the ground, give yourself an uppercut and take a good, long look in the mirror. Frankly, I’m offended. 

If, on the other hand, you’re hunting for the most diabolical slab of precious metal to be synthesised during the Big Bang, please continue… 

To date, the most monumental day of your existence was your wedding, or the birth of your children. That’s about to change! In fact, you’d trade your spouse and all of your offspring just to test-drive this barbarian.
And, given that the picture shown is a truck, those who have only seen Subaru's Outbacks and Legacies may finally understand this piece of Classic Rock.

posted by Ken Houghton at 1:57 PM |

0 Comments:

Add a comment