s skippy the bush kangaroo: I got another letter from Ronnie's teacher at school

skippy the bush kangaroo

Friday, July 20, 2012

I got another letter from Ronnie's teacher at school

First remarks...condolences to the families of the victims of the shooting in Colorado.  There sure seem to be way more crazies with guns these days then when I was young.  Naturally, there will be no discussion of gun control. especially during an election year, because when you're a politician, cowardice is the order of the day, and fear of the gun lobby rules your nightmares.  That said...

Look, I'm as much of a people person as any cranky, middle-aged, ready to fight you at the slightest provocation guy from Jersey could be, but I just don't like Mitt Romney.  Yes, I know the issues.  I have been a politics and government junkie for forty years (yes, forty years--at the age of fourteen I watched the entire 1972 Democratic Convention, gavel to gavel---the words "Ohio passes" still bring a smile to my face, and no, it has nothing to do with BMs).  I read everything I can about the issues, about economics, about political history.  I took probably 20 or 30 political science and political history credits as an undergrad.  I know you shouldn't vote for someone just based on likability, but I just don't like that guy.  He seems the most insincere politician I've ever seen, which is weird because faking sincerity is the most valuable tool in a politician's arsenal.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest as an excuse for posting this vid.  This is one of my favorite very obscure songs from one of my favorite very obscure groups.  If you've heard of this group...how are things in Baltimore these days?

posted by DBK at 5:22 PM |


hey db, i don't have a current email for you. pls contact me @ skippybkroo@aol.com
commented by Blogger skippy, 3:11 PM PDT  

Add a comment