s skippy the bush kangaroo: happy 7th blogivesary to us!

skippy the bush kangaroo



Monday, July 13, 2009

happy 7th blogivesary to us!

(pinned to the top)

today marks the 7th year that we have been keeping track of our traffic (which is just a couple days after we started) while blogging.

our tradition is to reprint our very first blog post, and then to thank all the other bloggers who support us. however, we assume you realize that every blog in our blogroll represents folks who support us, so a hearty thanks goes unsaid daily to them.

this year we would instead like to take time to publicly thank our hard working staff who have been contributing to skippy.

especially due for accolades are cookie jill, our environmental editor, as well as jim yeager, dbk, and brett penrose. these bloggers have been contributing greatly to this space for the past several months, and have taken it in new directions we would have never thought of. kudos to them for their tireless efforts. and of course, brett has been providing fine original cartoons for the past two years.

also a tip o' the kangaroo tail to pudentilla, george, and tami, without whose efforts this space would be less than it is.

a lot of water has gone under the bridge since we first began. tho there is a new administration, there is still lots wrong w/the country and the world, and we will spare no expense to keep bringing you the news that the news conveniently forgets to tell you, as well as all the snark you can eat.

addendum: aaah, look! the sailor photoshopped us a cake!

Example
posted by skippy at 11:54 PM |

26 Comments:

Happy Blogaversiary! Here's hoping you'll be hopping for 7 more.
congrats and many more :)
commented by Blogger Tina, 3:27 AM PDT  
Mazel tov, lovey.
commented by Anonymous tata, 5:08 AM PDT  
"Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it's been." -- The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'

I can't think of anything else to say, other than congratulations on hitting what, at times, must have seemed like the impossible seven-year milestone. Don't know how you managed it -- I didn't even make it to five with my old blog...
commented by Blogger Jim Yeager, 5:53 AM PDT  
I broke a mirror yesterday. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck but my lawyer thinks he can get me off with five. (That's a Steven Wright joke, for those keeping track.)

Seven years. Well f*** me gently with a hand grenade, ain't that somethin'? Let's all have some cake.
commented by Blogger DBK, 7:45 AM PDT  
Feeling that seven-year itch yet?

Kudos.
Happy blogiversary, shouldn't you be getting a wrist watch or something from the Blogger Appreciation Society for hanging in there so long?
commented by Anonymous Mike Goldman, 9:14 AM PDT  
Did somebody mention cake???
I like cake!

Thanks Skip for seven years of madness. It was Blogroll Amnesty Day that got me to break out of my lonely corner of Blogtopia (y!sctp!) I'm sure many of the bloggy folks who run naked through the Toobs can say the same.

You'll always be near the top of my blogroll.

Now blow out the candles! (but don't spit!)
commented by Blogger David Aquarius, 10:36 AM PDT  
yippee!

skippy!

here's to you
our favorite roo!
commented by Blogger The Minstrel Boy, 10:49 AM PDT  
Congratulations, and keep 'em coming, skippy!
commented by Blogger Batocchio, 11:14 AM PDT  
Happy blogiversary, Skippy. I hear that the cake is a lie, though.
Well kick me in the pouch I've forgotten to link to you. Oh well I guess it's no cake for me. I'll get right on it.
commented by Blogger Demeur, 1:50 PM PDT  
rad you regularly - thanks for all the fish!
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 2:57 PM PDT  
wouldn't take much of an edit to re-post that first one today--

thanks for all the skippyness, even if i missed the first three or four years
commented by Blogger tomitron, 3:46 PM PDT  
I brought the cake!
http://vidiotspeak.blogspot.com/2009/07/happy-blogiversary-skippy.html

I'm sure Cookie Jill will provide the cookies!
commented by Blogger The Sailor, 3:47 PM PDT  
>"all the snark you can eat."

If you're full of snark, try the bandersnatch.

thx, I'll be weak all here.
commented by Blogger The Sailor, 3:59 PM PDT  
Big, big Mazeltov, my friend!
commented by Blogger Fixer, 4:10 PM PDT  
happy blogiversary skippy! it seems like just yesterday that blogtopia (ysctp!)caught my attention. you were one of those that caught my eye and have been lurking near ever since. thanks for the good times!
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 5:52 PM PDT  
Cheers, skippy treasure!

You and your great staff have a wonderful place here. Best wishes to all of you at skippyland!

*kisses*
commented by Anonymous calgarylady, 7:23 PM PDT  
Thanks boss roo! and all my fellow joeys.
commented by Blogger Cookie Jill, 7:59 PM PDT  
Happy Birthday to all of you...I am always so grateful to have you .....thank you for so much great reporting and the wonders of Skippyland..you were my first blog I came to - well sometime back then....long before I had a blog...

thank you again...
commented by Blogger enigma4ever, 8:54 PM PDT  
Hmmmm....cake....!
Happy Blogiversary Blog Father!

I wouldn't be here right freaking now if it weren't for you, my eternal thanks. (Until they show up to arrest me, then I will deny ever hearing of you!)

Yer a nice guy dude, I can look a long time across the horizon and not see anyone even near your stature.

Thanks Skippy.

Busted
commented by Blogger Bustednuckles, 9:34 PM PDT  
Happy Blogiversary, motherfuckers!
Happy Birthday skippy!!!!! :)

and many more.
commented by Blogger nunya, 7:42 PM PDT  

Add a comment