s skippy the bush kangaroo: pick hillary's official theme song

skippy the bush kangaroo



Monday, May 21, 2007

pick hillary's official theme song

readers of this space will remember our suggestions for hillary's official campaign song.

we also asked our readers for their suggestions, offering a skippy tee shirt to the person who came up with the best answer.

we at skippy international were able to winnow the answers down to a mere 16...but now we need your help.

on our right hand side bar, directly under our cute 'roo logo, is a poll offering the 16 best suggestions for hillary's theme song. it's up to you, our readers, to vote for your favorite. and the winner will get a skippy tee shirt, size large, because that's what we've got left in the warehouse.

you can see videos of most of the songs on our sister site skippy junior.

Labels: , ,

posted by skippy at 12:15 AM |

8 Comments:

Skippy,
I'm starting to think you need a new screening system for Comments. Although I would miss these great Ouji board-like words from beyond, like today's "uddpi".
commented by Anonymous sean from li, 7:54 AM PDT  
Did no one suggest "the Bitch Is Back"?
commented by Anonymous tata, 8:20 AM PDT  
tata, that's one of the ones i suggested, therefore, it's not available for the prize, cuz i've already got a skippy tee shirt!
commented by Blogger skippy, 9:50 AM PDT  
The poll server is hosed.
commented by Blogger Carl, 11:19 AM PDT  
my pick is there! cool! : >

(money-flying lizards)
commented by Blogger amberglow, 4:11 PM PDT  
amberglow, money by flying lizards is on my list as the third best cover song every done, right behind comfortably numb by the scissor sisters and nothing compares 2 u by sinead oconnor.
commented by Blogger skippy, 5:32 PM PDT  
Taxman -- Beatles
You Talk Too Much -- Joe Jones
Hit The Road Jack -- Ray Charles
I Me Mine -- Beatles
Something For Nothing -- Rush
Who Let The Dogs Out -- Baha Men
Shameless -- Garth Brooks
Lyin Eyes -- Eagles
Back In The USSR -- Beatles
Tell Me Lies (Tell Me Sweet Little Lies) -- Fleetwood Mac
Liar -- Three Dog Night
Liar Liar -- Cataways
Lies Lies Lies -- Thompson Twins
The Hustle -- Van McCoy
Jive Talkin -- Bee Gees
The Great Pretender -- Platters
Every Move You Make (I'll Be Watching You) -- Police
Cold As Ice -- Foreigner
You're So Vain -- Carly Simon
Fool On The Hill -- Beatles
Dude Looks Like A Lady -- Aerosmith
Hound Dog -- Elvis
The Theme from "Mr Ed"

A couple movie themes:
"Cruella Deville" (from 101 Dalmations)
"Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead" (from Wizard Of Oz)
The Theme from "Jaws"
The Theme from "The Exorcist"

...and a few country favorites (artists unknown)

"How Can I Miss You (If You Won't Go Away)"
"You're The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly"
"I Wouldn't Take You To A Dog Fight Because I'm Afraid You'd Win"
"I Still Miss You Baby, But My Aim Is Gettin' Better"
"I Liked You Better When I Didn't Know You So Well"
"I've Got Hair Oil On My Ears And My Glasses Are Slipping Down But I Can See Right Through You"
and "When The Phone Don't Ring, Baby It's Me"
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 11:39 PM PDT  

Add a comment